Born in Steeltown, Pa., the former Lilian J. Brant was married in 1918. Mr. Carter is a retired employe of the Internal Revenue Service.
Mrs. Carter was a member of the First Baptist Church of Vienna and treasurer of the Pastor's Aid Club. She also belonged to the Vienna Fidelity Temple 384 of the Elks, was a Past Daughter-Ruler of that group and belonged to the Past Daughter-Rulers Council of Northern Virginia.
In addition she was a membei of the National Capital chapter of the American War Mothers and of the Vienna Garden Club. Besides her husband, she leaves a daughter, Mrs. Marion E. Wiggins, of the home; three sons, Maurice M. of 2330 Good Hope Road SE, Wyndell W. of 356 Lawyers Road NW, Vienna, and Vondell, on duty with the Air Force in New Bedford Mass.; and a sister, Mrs. Sommerville Monroe, 479 Malcolm Road NW, Vienna, and two grandsons.
Two other children died of illnesses.
Services were in Vienna with burial in Pleasant Valley Memorial Park, Annandale.